'I am not taking on any Khan'


Ajay Devgn and Rohit Shetty have done it again. While their latest film rakes in the moolah at the box office, sources say that the numbers could well make it yet another Rs 100 crore earner.

And now Devgn is gearing up for his next big release, co-starring Sanjay Dutt, this Diwali. Arch-rival Shah Rukh Khan too will make his appearance at the marquee with his Yash Chopra’s production on the same day. The actor however remains unfazed by the development and says he wishes to stay focussed on his film.
Devgn says, “I am not taking on any Khan. My film is an entertainer and Diwali is the right time to release it. It is a complete masala film and I am least concerned about taking on anybody. I don’t wish to take on any one and I don’t think I am big enough to take on anyone. I am just concentrating on my film.”
After working on eight films with Rohit Shetty, Rohit is working on his next with SRK. However, Devgn says he is happy about the development and says, “I wish his film does well. Rohit is not a director for me but he is like my younger brother and more than anything else I am happy that we are growing with each film. Rohit and I are planning something else, which we will announce soon.”
On whether big numbers at the box office are not dependent on the Khans alone, the actor points out, “The numbers have increased as the business has increased. I don’t think that films with the Khans have always worked. Sab ki films pehle bhi chalti thi and ab bhi chalti hai. Earlier the silver jubilee was the barometer for a big film and now Rs 100 crore is the benchmark.”
Finally, ask him how he feels on having his biggest opening ever with his latest film, and pat comes the reply, “I can only say that my chest has become blouse! After two Rs 100 crore films behind me, there was pressure but we used it to inspire us to work harder and deliver to the best of our ability.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment